Monday 19 December 2011

A blogging ovation to all software testers ....


 
I am an infant(just 6 months old) in the field of software testing and I called myself an infant not on the stand of 'Experience' but for my stubborn attitude which always wished to play with things around it fearless of the fact that it might break. I am like any other baby who wish to play with every toy he has been offered to and doesn't care even if the toy breaks while playing.

I have been thinking of blogging right from the day I started following some awesome blogs by James Bach, Pradeep Soundararajan, Shrini Kulkarni and many more on an occasional basis but then somehow I used to struck in between as if I have no thought in my mind.I told I play with the application and tries if it breaks, and that's I found is a part of exploratory testing.So if we keep doing things, we might encounter that it is already a part of defined piece of statement but who cares!! after all the matter of fact is 'If we are doing what we are supposed to do?"...i.e. implying our basic understanding and concept of testing to create and innovate more and more ways of doing same thing like I got SBTM(Session Based Test Management) from James Bach.

I thought of giving a standing ovation to all the champions (cannot resist myself to put some names like James Bach and Pradeep..there are many more too) of the great game of Innovation and Creativity called Software Testing but I couldn't, because for that I need to meet them and that can be possible only when I deserved it.Then I started thinking how to deserve it...some questions were crawling in my mind then:
  • Will I deserve to meet those champs if I do good testing what am I learning from them, their books and their blogs? 
  • Will I deserve to see them if I keep generating my own raw ideas and implementing them at my workplace?
These questions crawled a lot but ultimately I got my answer and that was...."Nothing in this world is free" . If we learn from someone or a community then the best way to keep it and enlarge it is to give it back to the community so that newbies like me can feel like someone is there for them who keeps stroking the keys of their keyboard just for their sake and partly for themselves too.

Now comes the appropriateness of title of this write up where I realized that it would be better to give them a blogging ovation rather than a standing ovation because blogging is the only tool that can catalyze our community to grow even further and keep blooming  in the future too. May all of us keep on doing 'Better Testing'.....sharing things up and enlarging this magic arena of testing......I hereby take an oath to do some good testing and to share in the best possible way 'the things I am learning'.....what about you??
Happy Testing
Cheers..:)

2 comments: